Friday, April 18, 2014

Ethics and Copyright Forum

"If I don't charge for it, it's not a violation."
Mostly everything today is copyrighted and the US law takes that serious. I have heard many people say 'I just copied and paste and I am not making others pay so I don't need to reference or cite my source.' Well I think everyone has done somewhat of copied and paste on works online, but we just don't know the law. I know there is law, but just don't know what it means. I think most people are like me and being aware will help us to think twice about coping and pasting things. We might not be charging others or making a profit out of it, but it is still someone else work and their work should be taken care of. If we do get some sort of money of others work our violation will depend on that. Even if it is anonymous work which makes sense because someone still took the time to do it. Knowing all this information will help me to be careful on what I do when I use someone else's work.

Templeton, B. (2008, October). 10 Big myths about copyright explained. Retrieved February 22, 2014, from http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html

No comments:

Post a Comment