Saturday, May 10, 2014

Reading Journal #1 -- Assistive Technology in the Digital Age

Technology can be seen as a huge waste of time especially in school, but in reality it can be a huge success. Many students grow up with technology and instead of them using it for any reason we as educators should put a purpose to it. Assistive technology would not just help students, but students with disabilities and well as some students that are struggling with their academics. Writing has been a challenge for many students and with technology they can get the help that they need and overcome the writing difficulties that they have. Students can use computers to work on projects and homework and finds ways for alternative learning. They can also submit homework directly to the teacher without having to submit in person.

I say that Assistive Technology is very helpful in many ways because I see it in my college class that I am able to work at my pace and submit assignments to my professors without having the trouble of printing and papers getting lost. I would use this technology tips in my classroom because I know that a traditional classroom is not for everyone and technology is also not for everyone. I will have to see what are the most needs in my classroom so I can adjust and use different methods all the time in order for my students to succeed.

Bowser, G. (2013). Copyright law and technology. Learning and Leading with Technology. 41 (2), 10-11

No comments:

Post a Comment