Saturday, May 10, 2014

Reading Journal #2 -- That's a Wrap! Telling Stories with Video

We see that many of our students don't find classroom challenging or fun in any way. Some teachers go beyond so that their students can have the best learning experience and that is done in one simple way by adding what they are surrounded with. Many students live around technology and learn really well with it and if it works for them to learning then as educator we should find ways to make class fun for them. One way in Literature class is by taking a novel and transforming it into real life, an example a video. We can take a novel and the concepts of filming and teach students how to mix them both and have fun with them. If students are making a film about a book it kind of forces students to read to be able to know what scenes they want to film. First we start off with preparation, filming, editing, and the premiere and the overall experience it help students have fun while learning.

I really enjoy this type of learning because in high school I was able to do the same in one of my AP Spanish Literature class. We were not really taught the preparation of filming, but we were able to create a story line of what we had read and turn it into a more update version of it. It was a great experience of learning and I was able to share it with my fellow classmates as well. We had the Grammy Awards after all of our films were finished. I didn't know at that moment that I was learning to me it was having fun, but know I see that it is a great way to get every student involved even if they were shy. When we are filming there was a place for every students to have and share the work which was really worthwhile to teach. I will incorporate this style of learning into my future classroom because I was able to see what I took from it and I would like my students as well to have the same experience.

DeMaria, S., Fuhrman, C. (2011). Copyright law and technology. Learning and Leading with Technology. 38 (8), 32-33

No comments:

Post a Comment